Tuesday 21 October 2008

Lost Incomprehensible

You could say that I'm a bitter man
and once again, I think that's true,
I will remain so until I better those
that know more than I do


Mental state

Today I am once again watching the rain come down hard and heavy on Popayan streets. The confusions that come into my life cost untold moments. I let the status advance without trying to resort to defence. My place is wherever I happen to be and with that I will let you ponder..

Doing
What does eddie do, at any one moment eddie is neither doing nor not doing. He is . As I say the rain is falling . As I say I let things go by.
I have been talking to some people about Colombia. I am always surprised at the things I hear. Although this country is a safe place for tourists, it is not the idyllic place one might suppose, considering it is safe for people such as myself. There are still many problems, and I hear horror stories of entire village populations "disappearing".

At the moment Colombia is in the midst of a Pyramid frenzy. These pyramid schemes are paying out crazy rates of interest to all and sundry at the moment. It has been going on now for a bout six months. Returns of up to 150% per month are not uncommon and poor Colombians are selling everything to get money to invest in these schemes. So far, a couple of the schemes have went belly up. A couple of guys get killed trying to leave the country with the loot. but the main men are always in the clear. It is crazy. In Popayan today I witnessed a queue of about 200 people waiting to submit there savings to one of these Pyramid organisations. You can't blame the people. They are poor. to double your money in one month is a big carrot. The thing is the people don't seem to realise this can only be a very short term scheme. To leave any more than you can afford to lose in these things is crazy, as they cannot sustain the payouts for more than a few months. then the people lose everything. The other thing to remember is that the money that is being used for the payouts is almost certainly dirty money. It's coming from drug trafficking, money laundering, illegal arms, people trafficking, FARC. It is investing in all that is bad in the country. The people like to blame others for the problems they experience yet, give them the opportunity to contribute to the problems and if they are able to profit, they are right in there. No questions asked.
Of course it's easy to see why. Poor people can't be too choosy. They have principles: they want food. They want what others have. be it luxuries or be it basics. They want them. And if they are being given them without having even to do any work, well, all the better.
In Pasto you can't get your roof fixed. Who wants to work if you can get money for nothing. It's going crazy.

Personal
How personal would you like? Well I am always in some sort of confusion as the mental section betrays. My relationship with MAria Ines is a on a shaky nail. Shakier by the day it seems. I'm not feeling too bad about it. I have did all I can to explain things to her and still there seems to be little headway made. On the other hand, this being Colombia, girls are in abundance and being in a relationship seems to not matter to anyone. What a place!!!
No more personal.

no more anything

love
..ed
xxxx

No comments: